Flat Worlds is a VR space transport game set in our very own Solar System. Setup transport networks of people and natural resources, guiding the path of human colonization around the Solar System's planets and moons. What will we find when there is no more room to grow?
Flat Worlds is currently available in Early Access on Steam.
Players set up spaceports on different worlds and build a variety of spaceships to carry passengers and natural resources between them. These resources are consumed by cities, that grow over time and develop the worlds they sit upon. However as these cities grow, they grow hungrier, forcing the player to colonize new worlds in search of more resources or invest in perks that are unique to each world.
Gameplay focuses around transport logistics, planning and management. It involves a continuous balancing act of making money, managing spaceships, feeding cities, and expanding to new worlds. If 3 or more cities have a shortage of resources, the game ends.
Players also have the ability of 'Riding' a spaceship. This scales down the player and places them atop a moving spaceship.
- Eight Worlds - 4 solid planets, and the moons of the remaining gas planets.
- Many different ships, large and small, each named and stylized according to their home.
- Multiple resource types, including people, water, energy, metal, and crystals.
- Multiple buildings, mainly spaceports, with different numbers of docks and dock sizes (large ships need large docks).
- World progression system - worlds level up, leading to more suppliers, cities and further colonization.
- World perk system - each world has six unique perks available to aid you.
- End Game - the last two worlds hold the secrets to the end.
Current Early Access Limitations:
- Six out of eight worlds are playable.
- No large ships exist yet.
- No implemented end game (although planned).
This is a solo-developed game, everything except music is made by myself, Che.
Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Development Blog: GHOST_URL/
Steam Store: https://store.steampowered.com/app/703490/
Oculus Store: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1874662292651896/